Building Permits: Building permits are required for additions, decks, reshingling, residing, window replacement, and razing existing structure besides building a new home. The permit may be downloaded below. If you are in doubt about whether or not you need a building permit, and for questions about fees and other questions call building inspector, Lynn Timm at 852-7079

Building Permit form

Water and Sewer Service: New residents, please call, email or stop in at the city office to connect water/sewer service and to insure your contact informatioin is accurate.

New resident whether owners or tenants are required to complete an application to begin service. This insures accurate contact information and correct billing. The form may be downloaded here.


To enable the your Water/Waste Water bill to be paid directly from your checking or savings account print this form and drop it off any time 24/7 at City Hall. If you sign up for email billing and direct pay you will be credited for $6 on your next water bill.


Dog Licenses

Dogs residing in the City of Carlos for more than 30 days require a annual license for $10 and proof of vaccination for rabies and distemper.

Pet license

City of Carlos
PO Box 276
Carlos, MN 56319
Phone: (320) 852-3000